The Department of Electronic Engineering at the University of York seeks to appoint a Research Associate (Electronic Engineering) to join a team from the Departments of Electronic Engineering and Physics who are currently developing research activities, as part of the Quantum Communications Hub, on free-space quantum communications systems, which have so far included funded feasibility studies and phased experimental demonstrations.
The research associate will work closely with specialists from both departments, as well as the industrial partners involved in the project. The main purpose of this role is to support the design, development and test of modular communications system that will deliver CV-QKD from High Altitude Platforms.
- Support the design, development and testing of overall project objective of free-space systems and methods in quantum coherent communications and its supporting systems.
- Support development and demonstration of field trials and implementations.
- Extend the scope of the research into other relevant fields in quantum communications.
- Communicate and collaborate with project partners and other experts in the classical and quantum communication domains.
- Support the exhibition and demonstration of equipment and systems relevant to the development.
The position is full-time and is for a fixed term of 12 months.
Closing date: 20 April 2021
For more information on this position, please visit the University of York website.