We are seeking a talented postdoctoral research associate to work on an experimental project looking at assurance for quantum random number generators (QRNGs). This position is funded by the EPSRC’s Quantum Communications Hub and will be based at the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in Teddington in the group led by Dr Alastair Sinclair. The project will involve developing the necessary experimental understanding, expertise and techniques to test quantum photonic QRNGs. The developed approach will be applied to one or two selected implementations, and contribute to the development of a UK assurance process for these devices.
This is a fixed term position to start as soon as possible and will finish at the end of November 2019. You will be based at the NPL in Teddington and the University of York will employ you throughout your contract.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Conducting research under the supervision of senior colleagues and to contribute to the production of research
- Providing guidance to other project partners and interacting with them to understand the experimental results that are achieved.
- Co-ordinating and attending meetings and research visits with project partners
- Assisting in the identification and development of potential areas of research
- Undertaking appropriate organisational and administrative activities connected to the research project, including conference organisation, and the development of promotional or educational material including website maintenance and development, as required.